Tutorial: What Is A Blog Niche? - Blogging 101

Bestsmiles

What is a Blog Niche?

Img src: dailylifedose

If you ever wish to succeed in your blogging career, you must consider a niche, not just a niche but, the one that suits your desires and needs.

A blogging niche is the overarching topic your blog focuses on. It’s an umbrella category every blog post you publish can fall under. It represents the niche market and audience your blog targets. You’re not blogging for “basketball fans,” a broad audience. You’re blogging for “NBA fans,” a niche audience. - Themetrust
Niche blogging is the act of creating a blog with the intent of using it to market to a particular niche market. ... While it could be argued that every blog is, in some form, a niche blog, the term as it applies to marketing refers to a particular kind of blog. - Wikipedia
I will not start telling you stories, I will just go smoothly.

A niche is a particular thing you wish to blog about and a niche determines your blogging success. Example: someone might wish to blog about health, that is brilliant but, there are so many people blogging on health already and the niche is complex.

Think of narrowing you niche to "men's health" - this niche will be easier for one to succeed in, it is still in health but, more specific to a particular readers which will certainly make things easier for you.

Again let us narrow it more to "African men's health", wow! This is more narrow and specific and will help you succeed more.

When you finally narrow it down to "Nigeria men's health" things will certainly be easier for you.

Things to consider as a beginner before choosing a niche.
  • Be passionate of what you choose
  • It should be profitable if you wish to earn from it.
  • People must be ready to read what you blog.

Benefits of a good narrowed niche:

• You get the benefits of writing more posts.
  • You will have less competition
  • Things goes easier than when your choose a broad niche.
The post is really complex, I advise you to use Google to get more broader with the knowledge, I will also edit the post each time there be any need to make it more helpful.